Really. I promise the title of this post is true! And the best part? It’s all cooked by the microwave. Yes- delicious, pretty, and easy as cupcake. Gave some of these cupcakes to some friends (so nice to be my taste-testers) and they liked em.
Lemon Curd Inside Cupcake
I got the recipe from here, but I didn’t follow the recipe exactly- I followed one helpful comment from another baker on the website.
Microwave Lemon Curd
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
Zest of 3 lemons
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– Whisk together sugar and eggs until smooth
– Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter
– Cook in microwave for 1 minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture os hick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon
– Stores up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator in an air-tight container
– Took me 5 ½ minutes to cook
– The three lemons I zested did not yield enough juice to fill 1 cup, so I just added to the amount that the 3 lemons gave me with lemon juice concentrate to fill up to 1 cup.